Friday, August 21, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #24 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Friday! Today is the beginning of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog and it's a sketch challenge!

I must admit, I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to approach this sketch at first. I was inspired by the two banner strips and thought it'd be fun to take that idea and create two cut-off scenes using the "Shark Bites" stamp set.
Inky Paws Challenge #24: "Snappy Birthday" by Handmade by Yuki | "Shark Bites" by Newton's Nook Designs
I used the Lawn Fawn "Stitched Journaling Card" set to die cut my scenes. I did some masking to create my one-layer scene and colored both panels using Copic Markers. I stamped the birds from the "Message in a Bottle" set directly onto the sky backgrounds. For the shark fin, I stamped it using Simon Says Stamp "Smoke" ink and used my Copic multiliner pen to outline the image. I then created the background using a stitched border die from the Mama Elephant "Borderlines Trio" set and used pattern paper from the Pink Paislee "Solstice" 6x6 paper pack. To finish the card, I added 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins and 6mm Blue Lagoon sequins.

This was such a fun card to make and there's so many fun ways to interpret this sketch.  I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥


9 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is really amazing! I love the way you interpreted the sketch!! Fabulous card in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I LOVE how you used that LF die to create the scene like that. I am going to have to CASE this!! I love the images and your coloring on this card too. Your layering of papers is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh SO cute!!! Love your take on the sketch!!! & your water scene is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun take on the sketch! I love the two sharky scenes! The colors are awesome too - such a perfect sea-themed birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE your take on this sketch!! This is adorable!! LOVE the way you colored this in too!! Thanks for playing with us on Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

    Nora Noll

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable take on Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge elements. Thanks for playing along :-)

    ReplyDelete