Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sparkle & Shine Challenge TWELVE - "Smart Kitty"

Hi crafty friends! I hope you're having a lovely weekend. I just wanted to quickly stop by to share a card my card for the new Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog. I also wanted to let you guys know that unfortunately, this will be my final project as a DT member for S&S. It's been so much fun being part of such an amazingly talented team and I am so thankful for the amazing experience. Starting next month, I will be pursuing an amazing new opportunity and I can't wait to let you guys know, so stay tuned! I'd like to thank all of you and the S&S Design Team for making this challenge such a success and so much fun to be a part of!

This challenge is sponsored by the very generous Winnie & Walter and the winner will win a $25 gift certificate, woohoo!
For today's card, I was inspired by the back-to-school theme as well as the color scheme. I used the WPlus9 "Smart Kitty" set to make a fun graduation card.
"You are one smart kitty" by Handmade by Yuki | "Smart Kitty" by WPlus9
I used pattern paper from the Avery Elle "The Zen Collections" 6x6 paper pack for the background. For the bottom half of the card, I used a stitched scalloped border die from Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Borders 1" to die cut three layers of scallops and glued them on top of each other. To give each layer a little bit more dimension, I gently folded the edges of scallops upwards.  To add a border between the scalloped layers and pattern paper,  I die cut a thin strip of black cardstock using the stitched border die from the Lawn Fawn "Picket Fence" set. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and cut it out using a stitched speech bubble die from the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Speech Bubbles" set. I colored the stamped images with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. To finish the card, I added 4mm and 6mm Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
"You are one smart kitty" by Handmade by Yuki | "Smart Kitty" by WPlus9
I just love how cute and sweet this card turned out. This is such a fun inspiration photo and I can't wait to see what you create. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Yuki this is adorable. Beautiful coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be missed, Yuki! Thank you for being a part of this team and for sharing your beautiful creations with everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe... Adorable card! Love those scallops! And sorry to see you leave the S&S design team. I sure will miss seeing your work over there. But, I understand. Looking forward to hearing your good news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling Yuki!! Love your patterned background. Will certainly miss your designs with the S&S team. Can't wait to hear about your new endeavor! :)

    ReplyDelete