Friday, September 25, 2015

Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


Happy Friday! Today is the start of the Fall Coffee Lovers Bloghop and I am so excited to be playing along! As you may already know, Newton's Nook Designs recently released a new coffee-themed set called "Newton Loves Coffee" and I thought it would be perfect for this hop!

I decided to make a fun Fall-inspired birthday card featuring the adorable image of Newton with a French Press. As I mentioned in a previous post, I love coffee and make my coffee every day using a French Press. So as you can imagine, I was super excited to see this cute image!
Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton Loves Coffee" by Newton's Nook Designs
I die cut the focal panel using the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Banner Duo 2" die and used a bunch of pattern paper scraps from the Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" 6x6 paper pack. I dry embossed the Lifestyle Crafts "Woodgrain" Embossing Folder and distressed the edges with "Vintage Photo" distress ink. For some added detail, I added Glossy Accents to the French Press and Newton's collar. And to finish the card, I added 4mm, 6mm and 8mm Gold Metallic sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I just love how this card turned out and it was also a great way to use up some of my smaller paper scraps from last Fall. I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to check out the Coffee Lovers Blog to join in on the fun!


44 comments:

  1. That is just the most darling card!! I love all the pretty papers you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable tag and I love that French Press!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh soo cute!! Love that little kitty with the French press! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest card ever! It has a KITTY! I LOVE it!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuki you have used one of my favorite tools... a wood grained embossing folder!!! Just darling from Kitty to card base!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am TOTALLY IN LOVE with this card, Yuki! GOREGOUS for so many reasons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO ADORABLE!! I love all the fun layers and patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuki this is such a cute card. I have admired this stamp set. The layers and texture to your card make it very special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card, Yuki, love that adorable kitty! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the PPP dies Yuki, this is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So super cute! I'm a big Newton fan! My hubby ordered this set for me today! Love your patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the kitty and this is such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darn cute creation and love that sweet image with all coffee goodness, love the fab papers and layerings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darn cute creation and love that sweet image with all coffee goodness, love the fab papers and layerings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so sweet! NN stamps are so awesome too. Love your design for this card; lots of interest and yet my eyes found the focal point right away. Great card, perfect for this hop! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are always so sweet, Yuki. Love all of the patterns you used. And fab background!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has got to be my latest favorite stamp !! Cats and coffee...Purr-fect !! Love this card !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card, cute design. I'm really loving that stitched banner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such gorgeous papers for my favorite kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a fantastic card! I love the different papers you used and the WG background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Yuki, this card is awesome! Love that cool tag and that kitty is beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so adorable. I love the sequins add.

    ReplyDelete
  23. so cute, love the combination of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sper cuteness! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yuki, I love it! What a sweet card!!! Gotta love Newton!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have to have this adorable Newton stamp set :-) Love your card,Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card and love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing this inspiration! ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super sweet card! That kitty is so darling ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE this! I must have this stamp set - great inspiration - KUDOS! :)

    Mandy
    wmlacroix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Newton is so cute-I'm glad he likes coffee. Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  31. soooo, so cute! love your papers and the layout. darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another wonderfull card with Newton the Coffee lovin' cat ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that little kittie! Great card..so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. that is so super CUTE! I love the image - love the dp - everything is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  35. amazing use of different patterns...great card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ok, you've convinced me...I NEED that stamp set! Seriously cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute card. Love the stitching and embossed panels and all the other embellishments make this a great card.

    ReplyDelete