Friday, September 18, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #25 - Halloween Theme

Happy Friday! First off, can  you believe October is just right around the corner? I'm already starting my Halloween projects and I know soon enough (very soon actually), I'll be going into overdrive for Christmas. The holidays is such a busy time of the year, not just for crafting. And while it can be so exhausting and chaotic, I love it! Now I might be a tad bias because my birthday is in late November, but I still love this time of the year nonetheless :).

So speaking of Halloween, there's a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog and it's all about Halloween! For today's card I used the adorable mini-set called "Newton's Perfect Pumpkin" to create a fun Halloween-themed card.
NND Inky Paws Challenge #25 by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton's Perfect Pumpkin" by Newton's Nook Designs
I inked up the background using Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves distress inks onto watercolor cardstock. I spritzed the panel with water to add some additional interest. Once the panel was completely dry, I heat embossed the bats onto the panel. I die cut the inked background and pattern paper using the Avery Elle "Wonky Stitches Dies." I used the banner die from the same set for the sentiment. To finish the card, I added 4mm Pansy Purple and 6mm Onyx sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

This was such a fun card to make and I just love how it turned out.  I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥



5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cute!! Your background is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is oh so cute Yuki!! I adore the colors you used and that distress ink background is just stunning!! & I'm totally with you about this time of year! I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin flavored and scented :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect! I love purple for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I like the sleepy little kitten! This is cute Yuki, great night sky!

    ReplyDelete