Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs September Release: Newton Loves Coffee

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first day of Newton's Nook Designs September release and I am super excited about the set we're showcasing today. One thing many of you might not know about me, is that I LOVE coffee. I usually make my coffee using a French Press and enjoy drinking it black. However, on occasion I do like to indulge with a sweet concoction from Starbucks or from a local cafe. So I was absolutely thrilled when I saw the new "Newton Loves Coffee" set and made two cards to share with you today.

For my first card, I decided to use the super cute image of Newton eyeing the coffee. His expression just made me laugh and I knew I had to use it! I colored the entire image with Copic Markers. For the background, I hand-drew the vertical lines using my white gel pen. The rest of the card was inspired by my focal panel and I ended up using quite girly colors lol. To give it an extra girly touch, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and a twine and bow I die cut using the Pretty Pink Posh "Twine and Bow" die set.
"I need some coffee right MEOW!" by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton Loves Coffee" by Newton's Nook Designs
I decided to go with more Fall-inspired colors for my second card. I created my own pattern paper by stamping the mugs and coffee beans repeatedly onto kraft cardstock. I paper-pieced the coffee sleeve using Neenah Desert Storm Kraft cardstock. It might have been because I already had the bow die out, but I again couldn't resist adding the die cut bow to my project. To finish the card I added 4mm and 6mm Sparkling Sequins and a 4mm Metallic Gold sequin to the center of the bow.
fdafds
"Birthday Brew" by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton Loves Coffee" by Handmade by Yuki
I just love how both cards turned out and I know I'll be using this set quite a bit all year round. I hope you were inspired by today's cards and be sure to hop along with us today for a chance to win this set! Thanks again for stopping by! ♥


Would you like to win “Newton Loves Coffee”?
This prize will be given away to ONE lucky winner!

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, September 24th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, September 25th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:


57 comments:

  1. AMAZING Cards!! =) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Designs!! Especially the FUN Panel you created on your Second Card!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right 'meow' indeed, Yuki! Just darling cards!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. both cards are soooooo cuuuute! love this set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love them both! Sweet & girly meets fall & mischievous. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards. I love the colours that you chose and the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two adorable cards using the new Newton set. I love your background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards and it really looks like you had fun with this set! I like how you have different takes on each one, both darling! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both your cards!!! Love the soft colors in your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are adorable! Newton is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your cards, Yuki! The girly feminine one and the fall one, they each are so playful and fun! Love Newton and especially LOVE the coffee, coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Yuki!! These are seriously the cutest!!! Love both designs! SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this stamp! I love my coffee and my cats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this cards are lovely Yuki!! :) those new stamps are super cute!! :) have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kitties and coffee? Oh my goodness

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both darling! Love this set ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cards you created. Love this stamp set by NN. Very versatile, I think. I need this stamp in my stash. Who doesn't love coffee or another hot beverage?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I especially love how you conveyed Newton's sleepiness in the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I especially love how you conveyed Newton's sleepiness in the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing cards. Love the colors and the background you created on the second card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simple and adorable cards. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the color combos in these cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am utterly in love with this stamp set, and I love your cards. The pattern paper with the mugs and beans is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the combo of stripes and dots. Good color combination.
    The second card is darling too.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm crushing all over your fabulous cards! Newton and coffee: totally adorable!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are great cards Yuki but that first one made me laugh out loud! Too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That image of Newton is definitely adorable as he eyes his coffee mug! Love the fun papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both cards. Newton with coffee is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ubber cute you make pretty cards love Newton

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really cute cards. Love the delicate pastel colours

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab cards- love your designs and colors

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both cards are fabulous with wonderful coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cards are perfect! Love the color combos. Really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute cute cards - love this stamp set! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how you've coloured the images :) And polka dots are always good :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are adorable Yuki!! I like the polka dots on both and the sweet PPP bows!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just beautiful cards. Just love your designs. Am in love with the new stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely coloring in the images, super cute meow creations with coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh soooooo cute! Love them both!!! The sentiments always make me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fun coffee cards--love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both are just Precious!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adorable, pretty, cute, I could go on and on. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love both of the cards but the second one with the Kraft card stock and red pattern paper really draws me in as a coffee lover

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love seeing Newton wrapped around that cute coffee cup! What a great card for someone who needs a little lift.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Loving both of your cards. Love the designs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Glad to hear you love this set! That mischievous newton eyeing up the coffee was inspired by the real Newton who likes to sneak a sip! I love both your cards! The two different color combos really show the versatility of this set and how it can be used all year! I also love the little background you created with the bold little cups! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both cards are super adorable! For a coffee lover, I think this is a must have stamp set :D

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the colors on your cards, so dainty and fun! The layout and patterns are also very eye-pleasing and cute. Awesome work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  48. These cards are so sweet! Love the cute little scenes you've created, and that bow die is the perfect finishing touch! Love it!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love both of your adorable cards, Yuki! The color combo on the first one is so soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Adorable cards. Love the layout of both. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are both darling! Love how you colored the kitty in the second card!

    ReplyDelete