Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs September Release: Touchdown Tails

Welcome back! Today is the second day of Newton's Nook Designs September release and today we're showcasing the super fun new set "Touchdown Tails." Ok, I'll admit, I am not the biggest football fan. In fact, I didn't really follow football up until recently.  However, since moving to Seattle, we've been so inspired by the strong football spirit and presence here. We couldn't help but to jump on the bandwagon and we've had so much fun following along with the season.

For those of you who don't know, Paulina from Pretty Pink Posh is based out of Seattle as well. So when I saw this set, I just KNEW I had to make a fun shaker card featuring her "Seattle Spirit" sequin mixes.
Football Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Touchdown Pals" by Newton's Nook Designs
I colored the uniforms in traditional Seahawks colors. I die cut the shaker window using an oval die to make it look like a football silhouette. For the pattern papers, I used papers from the Avery Elle "The Jewel Collection" and "The Neutral Collection" 6x6 paper packs. For the inside of the card, I stamped the football repeatedly and stamped another sentiment on the inside as well.
Football Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Touchdown Pals" by Newton's Nook Designs
This was such a fun card to  make and I know a lot of my coworkers would absolutely love this card. This is such great set, particularly for masculine cards and it's perfect for all of the football and sports fans out there! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set! ♥

Would you like to win “Touchdown Tails”?
This prize will be given away to ONE lucky winner!

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, September 24th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, September 25th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:


32 comments:

  1. What a super fun card and a brilliant idea. Your little characters really stand out on that striped background too - Fantastic :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable group and football shaped shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooooooooo cute and fun! football shape for the shaker. awesome! great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!!! I love the Seahawks so I'm happy you did a shaker card with team colors. I love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card - love the shaker. What an awesome stamp set - must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shaker card, Yuki! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh that is totally adorable!! What a fun shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This shaker card rocks!! Those little critter are just the cutest in their uniforms! Not a football fan but one my brothers is so this set may just be perfect!Love this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice of background paper.
    Darling card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute shaker, Yuki! I wish I were a fan of the Seahawks....their colors are fantastic, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute shaker Yuki! I don't care much for football, but have a lot of friends and family members watch and play the sport so this set will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both cards, especially the simplicity of the second card with the stamped border and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute inside and out. I like the football shaped shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! LOVE this shaker! What a fabulous card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how CUTE!!!! Love the shaker and the inside is just as adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you included the whole gang and all the fun sequins on your card - and you even decorated the INSIDE!! Love it! <3 Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. TOTALLY cool and SUPER fun!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yuki, your card is amazing! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shaker card! I can see how versatile this set can be when you color based on team colors or when you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute Yuki!! The black and white stripes in the background were the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so awesome! Love the scene and the shaker element! And your colors are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your shaker card! I am also in love with this stamp set! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you included the whole gang super shaker card

    ReplyDelete
  24. Newton gets cuter and cuter with each new set! Awesome designs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome shaker. Love the football cutout. This stamp set is so cool. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really LOVE this shaker card. The black and white striped paper with the green inside the shaker is just perfect for the football theme with the whole team cheering in front! I also am a more recent football fan - I didn't watch it growing up but have become a fan over the last few years and enjoy watching the games with Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is super fun shaker card, Yuki! Love those creatures :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute! I love shaker cards! This is such a fun stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that your card represents the Seahawks!! We just moved back here to Seattle about 6 months ago and love being home!! Gorgeous card!!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These guys are fun and that stripped background was a perfect choice. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fantastic shaker card! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card is a home run! Ummmm....I mean "TOUCHDOWN!" I love the striped paper!! Seriously too cute!

    ReplyDelete