Monday, September 28, 2015

Patience Brewster - Artist Appreciation

Happy Monday! In honor of the recent Artist Appreciation Month, Patience Brewster, a site that specializes in handmade and handcrafted unique gifts and Christmas ornaments, has invited me to answer a few questions about myself.

1. As a child, do you recall a significant moment when you felt truly
affected or inspired by any particular artwork or artist? 
While I enjoyed doodling and coloring as a child, I had never considered myself to be an "artistic" person. It wasn't until I was introduced to paper crafts through an old coworker. I've always had a deep appreciation for handcrafted products and was so inspired by my coworker's work, that one year I decided to make my own Christmas cards. It was quite the learning experience and to this day I continue to learn something new everyday. I love the constant challenge of learning and practicing new techniques and finding inspiration from everything around me.

2. As an artist, what do you hope to convey with your work? 
My goal is to spread happiness and creativity. Card making allows me to inspire and connect with others. However, my favorite part has always been to brighten the day of the recipients who receive my cards.

3. What memorable responses have you had to your work? 
The most notable responses have been companies who have reached out and have asked me to be a part of their Design Teams. It's been such an incredible honor and privilege to represent the companies I love and showcase their designs.

4. What is your dream project? 
I would love to someday be able to collaborate with one of the many wonderful companies I work with to design a new product.

5. What artists, of any medium, do you admire?
Two individuals that continuously inspire me are Sandy Allnock and Kathy Racoosin. They are a constant source of inspiration and always provide unique and artistic approaches to card making.

I hope you enjoyed learning more about me. I would love to read your answers to these questions in the comments below. Thanks again for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I too am inspired by Kathy. She is an amazing person. Love seeing your work for Newton's Nook. I'd love to be part of a design team. Have a long way to go, but like you I just love learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet interview Yuki! I'm totally in love with Sandy Allnock...her work is magical and I'm in awe of her coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete