Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember 2015

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm so excited to be sharing with you two super fun cards I made using new Simon Says Stamp exclusive products for STAMPtember.
STAMPtember® (stmp-tmbr) is defined by Simon Says Stamp in this way... an event intended to inspire, educate, and celebrate the greatness of rubber stamping. Simon Says Stamp was founded in 2002 with an interest in exclusively selling rubber stamps. However, it didn’t take long until we became a One Stop Shop. Now STAMPtember is so much more than stamps! This year you'll also see a focus on many other exciting products like dies, inks, notecards and some special surprises. Our intention is to enhance your stamping experience! Rubber stamps still remain the heart of our business, and we are celebrating by releasing exclusive products with many of the industry's finest brands. Be sure to visit our Blog as the home base for the festivities! Trust me when I tell you that the excitement this year is over the TOP, and we are planning fun surprises to keep you on your toes all month long!
My first card features the beautiful new set "Oh Happy Day." This is such a gorgeous and incredibly versatile set. To begin my card, I stamped the solid feathers in the new Simon Says Stamp "Twirling Tutu" ink. Isn't this color just gorgeous? It's such a pretty and unique pink with an almost coral undertone. I then heat embossed the spotted feather, the horizontal stripes and sentiment using WOW! Metallic Gold Embossing Powder. I die cut the focal panel using the banner die from Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Banner Duo" set. I lightly inked up the background with Simon Says Stamp "Lake Shores" ink. I created my own stamped background by stamping the polka dot included in the set using Simon Says Stamp "Fog" ink. I used the My Favorite Things "Jumbo Polka Dot" stencil as a guide to quickly stamp the background. If you don't have a similar stencil, you could also draw a few lines or eye ball your stamping for a more random look. I matted my background onto a piece of vellum and adhered all of the layers onto a piece of gold metallic cardstock. For some added interest, I tied a bow around the feathers with some May Arts Natural Twine. To finish the card, I added 4mm and 6mm Metallic Gold sequins from  Pretty Pink Posh.
SSS Stamptember "Oh Happy Day" by Handmade by Yuki | "Oh Happy Day" by Simon Says Stamp

For the second card, I used one of my favorite Simon Says Stamp sets called "Baby Party Animals" and the new "Birthday Frame" die to create a fun shaker card.
SSS Stamptember "Happy Birthday" by Handmade by Yuki | "Baby Party Animals" and "Birthday Frame" Die by Simon Says Stamp
I colored the super cute monkey, presents and balloon with Copic Markers and fussy-cut them out. I used a hill die from the Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Slopes &  Hills" die set and inked it with the new Simon Says Stamp "Willow" ink. I die cut the "happy" from white cardstock using the Simon Says Stamp "Happy Birthday" die. I then inked up the sky using Simon Says Stamp "Lake Shores" ink. I inked up the sun from the Simon Says Stamp "Hello Sunshine" frame in Simon Says Stamp "Lemon Chiffon" ink and glued it directly to my sky background. I then filled my shaker window with Pretty Pink Posh sequins: 6mm Ocean Spray sequins, 6mm Lavender Moon sequins, 6mm Lemon Meringue sequins, 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins. I adhered my shaker panel onto a piece of Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" cardstock. To give the blue panel some added interest, I die cut a stitched strip of white cardstock using the border die included in the Lawn Fawn "Picket Fence Border" set.  To finish the card, I glued all of my layers onto a white scalloped panel I die cut using the scalloped frame die from the Mama Elephant "Femme Frames" set and then onto a white cardbase.
SSS Stamptember "Happy Birthday" by Handmade by Yuki | "Baby Party Animals" and "Birthday Frame" Die by Simon Says Stamp
I absolutely love how both of my cards turned out and I had so much fun using the new Simon Says Stamp products! Be sure to tune in all month long for exclusive products and tons of inspiration from super talented designers. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥



Simon Says Stamp



7 comments:

  1. LOVE both cards!! The first card with feathers is just soft and pretty!! Love, love the colors together!! Your shaker card is so much fun!! Love the colors of sequins you used and that new birthday die is awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful Yuki!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome makes, Yuki! Your feather card is so pretty and your shaker card is adorable! So much fun! It was great to see how you used these new products! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - these cards are awesome!!! Looove the feathers! They're awesome! And the little monkey on the birthday card is so cute! Eek! Love how you colored him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are adorable!!!! Love all your care and details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable - love the colors! You're cute! Yay I can finally subscribe by e-mail...I know I tried to look for that option before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS cards Yuki!!!
    LOVE your ELEGANT feathers & colour combon, ADORE your SUPER CUTE shaker, LOVE IT ALL!!!
    ... I always enjoy Paulina's PPP "Guess The Designer" challenges :)

    ReplyDelete