Thursday, September 3, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #1 - Sketch & Color


Taylored Expressions
Welcome back crafty friends! Today is the first challenge for the new Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge! Now how pretty is this color combination? The moment I saw this color combo, I knew I wanted to make a happy, summer-inspired scene.

As you may already know, we recently moved to Seattle from  Los Angeles. While it's been such an incredible experience, and we love our new home so much, we do miss our friends and family back in LA. An upside to this is that I find myself sending out more happy mail than ever (yay!). In fact so much so, that I don't seem to have enough "hello" and general "thinking of your cards." So for today's card, I decided to use the sketch and colors to make a fun encouragement/friendship card using the "Sunshiny Day" set to send to our dear friends back home.
Share Joy Challenge #1 by Handmade by Yuki | "Sunshiny Day" by Taylored Expressions
I started off by die cutting the focal panel using the Stitched Journal Card die. I stamped the sun and the clouds directly onto the panel. For the clouds, I did some selective masking and only stamped the cloud and not the hearts. I then colored the blue sky using my B00 Copic Marker. On a separate piece of cardstock, I stamped the adorable little owl and tree branch which I colored with Copic Makers as well. I fussy-cut the images out leaving a white border and popped them onto my focal panel using foam tape. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the focal panel using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to ensure perfect placement.

I used pattern paper from the Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack to create a horizontal banner inspired by the sketch. I mounted the banner onto a white card panel and added some matching blue twine at the top. For the background, I used pattern paper from the My Mind's Eye "Just Splendid" 6x6 paper pack.
 photo Yuki_SJC1 2.jpg
I just love how sweet and happy this card turned out and I hope my friends like this card as much as I do! Be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to play along and to see much more amazing inspiration. Visit the Taylored Expressions Store for the stamps used in today's card. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥


7 comments:

  1. YEAH!! SO EXCITED about the New Challenge Blog!! =) I've been WANTING one!! LOVING your Sweet Summer Scene and I CAN'T WAIT to Play Along!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek!! This is so sweet!! What a gorgeous bright scene! I adore the grey and white chevron background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, Yuki! Love the sweet scene and that adorable owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first card for the challenge is amazing!! Such cute and superb work you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling Yuki!! That little owl is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a lovely layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the font on that sentiment! And the owl makes me want to smile, so I'm sure it brought a smile to one of your friends! Love the cheery look to this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete