Thursday, September 10, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #2 - Sketch & Inspiration Photo


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! Welcome back to the second Share Joy Challenge! For this week's challenge, I was inspired by both the sketch and inspiration photo.

I started off by die cutting my focal panel using a stitched rectangle die. I stamped the adorable dog and birthday hat from the "If Dogs Could Talk" stamp set and the banner from "Sunshiny Day." I masked the images and inked the background using Simon Says Stamp "Audrey Blue" ink. Inspired by the sprinkles from the birthday cake, I used the Memory Box "Texture Mini Dots" stencil as a guide to hand draw the polka dots using my white gel pen. I then colored the images using Copic Markers.
TE Share Joy Challenge #2: "Celebrate" by Handmade by Yuki | "If Dogs Could Talk" by Taylored Expressions
I used the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Banner Duo" die to create my banner. I did some partial die cutting to make the banner extra long. I then stamped the sentiment from the "Simply Stamped - Daisies" set. I created two small banner strips using pattern paper from the Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack and tucked them behind my banner panel. I also used pattern paper from the Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka: Mon Amie" 6x6 paper pack for the background layer. To finish the card, I added 4mm and 6mm Sparkling Clear sequins and Metallic Silver Stars from Pretty Pink Posh.
TE Share Joy Challenge #2: "Celebrate" by Handmade by Yuki | "If Dogs Could Talk" by Taylored Expressions
I just love how fun this card turned out and the dog is just so cute and happy. I hope you were inspired by today's card and my take on the challenge. I can't wait to see what you create and don't forget to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Also, be sure the Taylored Expressions Store for the stamps used in today's card. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥





8 comments:

  1. Eeek!!! This is SO cute!!! I love those colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously cute Yuki! I love the way the whole scene came together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like a happy little fella, this is adorable Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuki this is soo adorable! Love the happy colours and how you interpreted the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute - that dog makes me smile! What a fun birthday card. Love what you did with it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete