Thursday, September 17, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #3 - Sketch & Tic Tac Toe

Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! Welcome back to the third Share Joy Challenge! For this week's challenge, I was loosely inspired by the sketch and for the tic tac toe, I decided to incorporate sequins, twine and dry embossing in today's card.

I decided to make a sweet friendship card to send to a friend back in Los Angeles. I used the cute frog and flowers from the "Pocketful of Sunshine" set to create a fun scene.
Share Joy Challenge #3 by Handmade by Yuki | "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Taylored Expressions
I colored the stamped images with Copic Markers and fussy-cut them out leaving a white border. I created my window scene by die cutting two stitched rectangles from white cardstock. I used pattern paper from the "Build A Scene" 6x6 paper pack for the background. I die cut the grass using the Grass Border die from green pattern paper from the same pack. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the sky background using my stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement. I dry embossed the kraft cardbase using the "Dotted Lattice" Embossing Folder. Instead of a banner like in the sketch, I added some twine going across the top of the card. I added two small banner strips using pattern paper from the same paper pack under my scene which was also inspired by the sketch. To finish the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins from the 4mm and 6mm Enchanted Garden sequin mixes.
 photo Yuki_SJC3 2.jpg
I just love how happy and cute this card turned out. That little frog is just too cute and I had so much fun coloring him. I hope you were inspired by today's card and my take on the challenge. I can't wait to see what you create and don't forget to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Also, be sure the Taylored Expressions Store for the stamps used in today's card. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is just adorable! Such a cute little frog in a garden of beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is adorable!! That little frog makes me smile!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously adorable! I love that little frog peeking out!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Yuki! I love that adorable frog and your colouring is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete