Thursday, September 24, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #4 - Sketch & Clean and Simple Style


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! Welcome back to the final Share Joy Challenge of the month! It's been a super fun month and thank you to everyone who has supported and played along! For this week's challenge, I decided to incorporate the sketch and CAS style to make a simple "just because" card for a friend featuring the "Simply Stamped - Daisies" set.
Share Joy Challenge #4 by Handmade by Yuki | "Simply Stamped - Daisies" by Taylored Expressions
I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to layer the the flower images. For the yellow flowers, I used Hero Arts "Soft Vanilla" ink and Simon Says Stamp "Melon" ink. For the red flower, I used Simon Says Stamp "Coral Reef" and "Lipstick Red." I stamped the stems directly onto the card panel using Simon Says Stamp "Fern" ink. I lightly inked up the panel using Tumbled Glass distress ink and rounded all 4 corners using the Cropadile Corner Chomper. I then stamped the sentiment onto a small tag and tied it to some twine and made a double bow. I dry embossed the front of the cardbase using the "Dotted Lattice" embossing folder. To finish the card, I also rounded all 4 corners of the cardbase.

Although floral cards are usually not my forte, this set was so easy and fun to use. The stamp-a-ma-jig makes layering the flowers super easy and I really love the way this card turned out. I hope you were inspired by today's card and I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Also, be sure the Taylored Expressions Store for the stamps used in today's card. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥


4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE those Sweet Flowers and the CAS Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is gorgeous!!! Such pretty flowers!! Love your embossed background. Stunning cas design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Yuki! Love everything about this card! :)

    ReplyDelete