Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Mint Owl Studio October Release - Meowy Christmas

This is my second post of the day, for The Alley Way Stamps post, click here.

Hi again! Today I'm back as Guest Designer over on the Mint Owl Studio blog showcasing another card using the new set called "Stocking Peekers."
Last week I showed how you could use the critters without the stockings and had them peeking out of windows, so for today's card, I'll be sharing a card using the cute kitty image peeking out of the stocking.

I decided to keep the card clean and simple. I colored the stamped images with Copic Markers and then fussy-cut them out, leaving a white border. To make it look like the stocking was hanging, I added a piece of twine and wrapped it over the panel.  I then glued a small bow directly onto the twine. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock and glued it directly onto the focal panel. I matted the focal panel onto a piece of pattern paper from the Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka in the Dark" 6x6 paper pack and then onto a kraft cardbase.
"Meowy Christmas" by Handmade by Yuki | "Stocking Peekers" by Mint Owl Studio
This was such a fun and easy card to create and it would be so fun to use the same design for all of the critters included in this set. I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to stop by Mint Owl Studio blog for more inspiration! ♥


10 comments: