Thursday, October 22, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - Purr-fect Birthday!

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing this cute birthday card I made using one of the holiday sets called "Newton's Christmas Cuddles." This set has so many great images that could be used year-round and I thought the image of Newton in the gift box would go perfectly on a birthday card!
"Purr-fect Birthday" by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton's Christmas Cuddles" by Newton's Nook Designs
I made this card for my coworker who is a huge cat lover and I even colored Newton to look like her kitty. I colored the image with Copic Markers and used the coordinating die to cut it out. I went over the gift box with clear Wink of Stella and applied Gossy Accents to the ribbon. I white heat embossed the sentiment from "Newton's Birthday Bash" onto dark gray cardstock and fussy-cut it out. To give the upper right-hand corner of my focal panel some added interest, I die cut two small banners from coordinating pattern paper and stapled it to the focal panel. I die cut two strips of white cardstock using a stitched scalloped border die and adhered them on either side of the focal panel. I then popped up the entire panel onto craft foam and adhered it onto my background. To finish the card, I added some 4mm, 6mm, and 8mm Sparklnig Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
 photo NND October DT Post_Purrfect Birthday 2_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I just love how this card turned out and I'm so happy my coworker loved it too! I hope today's card has inspired you to use your holiday sets to make non-holiday cards and get more out of your stamps. Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Seriously love this!! So cute!! Love the soft colors and the pattern papers!! Your Newton is colored so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete