Thursday, October 1, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - Watercolor Card Set

Happy first day of October! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog showcasing a watercolor card set featuring "Beautiful Blossoms" and "Simply Sentimental."
Watercolor Card Set by Handmade by Yuki | "Simply Sentimental" & "Beautiful Blossoms" by Newton's Nook Designs
I decided to make a simple set of cards that I don't always have on hand. In fact shortly after making this set of cards, I ended up having mail out the sympathy card :(. I decided to keep the designs simple and mail-friendly so that I can quickly drop these in the mail when I need to.

I heat embossed the floral images and sentiments with white embossing powder and watercolored the flowers with my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I then watercolored the backgrounds using distress inks. I rounded the corners of my focal panels and mounted them onto black square bases measuring 4.25" x 4.25".  Easy peasy, right?
Watercolor Card Set by Handmade by Yuki | "Simply Sentimental" & "Beautiful Blossoms" by Newton's Nook Designs
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers

Watercolor Card Set by Handmade by Yuki | "Simply Sentimental" & "Beautiful Blossoms" by Newton's Nook Designs
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass

Watercolor Card Set by Handmade by Yuki | "Simply Sentimental" & "Beautiful Blossoms" by Newton's Nook Designs
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade & Wild  Honey
These were so easy to make and while I plan to keep them for myself, you could easily make a quick set of cards to give as a gift. I hope you were inspired by today's post and thanks again for stopping by! ♥


2 comments:

  1. This watercolor set of cards is just beautiful Yuki!! Love the different colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Gorgeous! I love the watercolor backgrounds - a great set of notecards!!

    ReplyDelete