Monday, October 12, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Holiday Release - Holiday Smooches

Hi crafty friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! This month is Newton's Nook Designs holiday release! This entire week we'll be showcasing a new stamp set and I must say, you're going to love them! Today we're showcasing the new set "Holiday Smooches" and it's absolutely ah-dorable! This is such a sweet set and it's perfect for couples or for your significant other.
I decided to make a sweet card using the adorable penguin couple. I had a special couple friend in mind when I made this card. I made the background sky using the WPlus9 "Starry Background" die. I inked up the background with Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot distress inks. For the backdrop behind the night sky, I used some silver glitter paper. To give the sky some added interest and the illusion of snow, I added some dots with my white gel pen. I hand drew the diagonal background lines using my C2 Copic Marker. I also colored the frame and banner using the same marker.  To tie in the pink from the scarf, I added a pink heart in the lower right-hand corner. To finish the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh "Sparkling Clear" sequins in 4mm, 6mm and 8mm sizes.
"Happy holidays to a special couple" by Handmade by Yuki | "Holiday Smooches" by Newton's Nook Designs
I just love how sweet this card turned out! These little critter couples are so cute and I just love all of the sentiment combinations. I hope you were inspired by today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Be sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set! ♥


Would you like to win “Holiday Smooches”?
This prize will be given away to ONE lucky winner!

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, October 15th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, October 16th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:

29 comments:

  1. This is SO sweet Yuki! I love your blue state background! Stunning!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so super cute! I love these adorable new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet card! Your backdrop is awesome with those beautiful stars! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute penguins and gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure was inspired by your cute card. I like the background die then using silver glitter paper behind for the stars. Nice idea. This stamp set is adorbs. I think I need it in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuki your card is so sweet! Love the little kissy penguins and your hand drawn background...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuki, your card is darling!! Love your scene and your coloring on those cute penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute stamp set and your card is totally ADORABLE!! Love this to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card. These images are all great for couple cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love....sooo cute n adorable

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! I love the sky and the cute little pink and blue scarves you gave the penguin couple! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute and love love those penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best card ever...absolutely love that frame and the tiny heart in tbe corner. Awesome winter sky as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super sweet card! Love the design and those precious penguins ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Love how you framed your scene. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm completely smitten Yuki, this is adorable. They're such a sweet little pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You never seem to disappoint - another great card! This card is simply beautiful and I am in love with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your card is awesome.. totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yuki, this card is just brilliant! Love the bright blue background with the snowflakes and cute penguins! Absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the scene. The dark blue sky and the stars make such a pretty backdrop. Love these kissing animals.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yuki, your card is just precious. I love scenic cards and yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So adorable! I love how you incorporate the blue

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute penguins. I like your adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet little card! I love that you made your own striped background to go with these adorable penguins!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful (and romantic) scene! Love the dark sky contrasted with the white papers!

    ReplyDelete