Friday, October 23, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #26 - Color Challenge

This is my second post of the day, for the Altenew + PPP Collaboration Blog Hop post, click here.

Happy Friday! It's time for another Inky Paws Challenge on the Newton's Nook Designs blog! For this challenge, I was inspired by the inspiration photo and the color scheme to create a sweet Christmas card featuring the new "Festive Flamingos" set.

I colored the cute flamingos with Copic Markers and fussy-cut them out, leaving a white border. I die cut a piece of pink cardstock and used the Simon Says Stamp "Falling Snow" stencil and added some Ranger Texture Paste. I framed my pink panel with a white frame and popped it onto my cardbase. For the background, I used pattern paper from the Avery Elle "The Sorbet Collection" 6x6 paper pack. I added some Pinkberry Sorbet twine and then finished the card by adding 4mm and 6mm Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Inky Paws Challenge #26 by Handmade by Yuki | "Festive Flamingos" by Newton's Nook Designs
I just love the non-traditional holiday colors and had so much fun inking up these cute flamingos again. I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥


17 comments:

  1. Love the pink. This card made me smile. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH be still my heart! I love flamingos and I love Christmas!! The two together is heavenly!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the non traditional colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Yuki, this is so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. Love the saying of dreaming of a pink Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came for the Altenew hop, but so glad I did. This card is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat card; very creative - pink Christmas sounds o.k. to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg this card is adorable!! So pretty and cute!! Love the colors and those flamingos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to purchase this set to make cards for my husbands grandmother's flamingo camping society. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute!– I love the pink sky with the snow :) Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEEK!! I LOVE your pink flamingos and the pink background, the texture snow is just fabulous!! Gorgeous!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty !!! LOVE !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete