Thursday, October 15, 2015

Simon Says Stamp "Create Joy" Release

Hi again! Today I'm so excited to be showcasing one of the new sets from the Simon Says Stamp "Create Joy" release!

I made a clean and simple card using the new "Big Joy" set and "Ornaments" set which was a holiday set from last year's release. I was inspired by the 30 Day Coloring Challenge hosted by the very talented Kathy Racoosin.

I stamped the big "Joy" sentiment in a Copic-friendly ink and colored the letters in with Copic Markers. I looked at my Copic color chart and picked a set of blue and green colors that were adjacent to each other. I used BG72 and BG75 for the blue and G82 and G85 for the green. To give the letters some added interest, I added some detail with my white gel pen. This is something that Kathy does all of the time and I love the way it looks! To give the letters a subtle pop, I outlined them with my C1 Copic Marker. And to finish the card, I stamped the "wishing you" sentiment.
"Wishing you Joy" by Handmade by Yuki | "Big Joy" by Simon Says Stamp
This was such a quick and easy card to make and it would be perfect for mass production. The best part is this card is completely mail-friend, yay! I think it would be so fun to experiment with different color combinations.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to swing by the Simon Says Stamp blog to see the full release! ♥


2 comments:

  1. Love the big block of letters with the fun colors & doodles from your white gel pen! A gorgeous CAS design & you showcased this new set petfectly! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete