Thursday, October 1, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #5 - Sketch & Color Challenge

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. For my Newton's Nook Designs DT post, click here.


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! Today is the start of a new challenge over on the Share Joy Challenge blog. For this challenge, I was inspired by the color scheme to create a clean and simple card for my aunt. My aunt recently sent me the cutest owl lantern and I immediately thought of her when I saw this sentiment from the new "C'Mon Get Happy" set. It's such a positive sentiment and really reminds me of her outlook on life. Share Joy Challenge #5 by Handmade by Yuki | "Cmon Get Happy" and "Sunshiny Day" by Taylored Expressions
I stamped the tree from the "Sunshiny Day" set three separate times. I watercolored each section of the tree using my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I then fussy cut each section and glued them together. This gives the tree such a fun layered and dimensional look in real life. I die cut my focal panel using a stitched rectangle die. I watercolored the sky background using the "smooshing" technique with Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Peacock Feathers distress inks. I cut the hill using hill die from Simon Says Stamp "Olive" cardstock and distressed the edges with the "Olive" dye ink. I stamped the sentiment using my stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement in Versafine "Onyx Black" pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. To finish the card, I mounted my panel onto a Bazzill "Taffy" cardbase.

I just love the clean and simple design of this card. I really wanted the sentiment to be the focal point and the challenge colors complimented the scene perfectly. I hope you were inspired by today's card and I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Also, be sure the Taylored Expressions Store for the stamps used in today's card. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥


2 comments:

  1. Awesome sentiment! It caught my eyes right away! Beautiful work on the background wash! LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your watercoloring is beautifully done and that sentiment is amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete