Thursday, October 8, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #6 - Sketch & Inspiration Photo


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! Today is the start of a new challenge over on the Share Joy Challenge blog. For this challenge, I was inspired by the fun sketch to create a cute birthday card for a baby boy. My mom has asked for a few extra birthday cards for her coworker's children and thought it would be the perfect opportunity to use the cute elephant from the new set "Balloon Buddies."
Share Joy Challenge #6 by Handmade by Yuki | "Balloon Buddies" by Taylored Expressions
I followed the sketch pretty closely and kept to a blue color-scheme to keep the card more masculine. The coordinating die for this set made cutting the elephant out super easy. I used pattern paper from the Taylored Expressions "Build a Scene" 6x6 paper pack and Avery Elle "The Everyday Collection" 6x6 paper pack. I die cut a coordinating piece of cardstock using a stitched label die from Pretty Pink Posh and die cut the sentiment using a stitched circle die. To give the card some added interest, I die cut the right-side of the cardbase using a stitched scalloped border die. And to finish my card, I added 4mm Marshmallow sequins and 6mm Aquamarine sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I just love how cute this card turned out and I can't wait to sent it off to my mom. I'm sure she'll be so excited to give this card away. I hope you were inspired by today's card and I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Also, be sure the Taylored Expressions Store for the stamps used in today's card. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥


6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable Yuki! Love the soft colours and that cute elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! Love the mix of patterns you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I saw that elephant and immediately smiled, he is SO cute!! Love your adorable design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SUCH A cute card!!! Your coloring is perfect and I love the papers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute Yuki! Love your sweet little scene with a gorgeous color combination!!

    ReplyDelete