Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Alley Way Stamps November Sneak Peek: Rain or Shine

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first sneak peek of The Alley Way Stamps November release and were showcasing the new set "Rain or Shine." This is such a fun and versatile set and I love how you could mix and match all of the images and sentiments. For today's card, I decided to use the cute hot air balloons.
"Fly Away with Me" by Handmade by Yuki | "Rain or Shine" by the Alley Way Stamps
I watercolored my background with Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers distress inks. I white heat embossed the clouds onto vellum and popped them onto my background with glue dots. I white heat embossed the sentiment into a black tag and then added some faux stitching with a black pen. To finish the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

This is such a sweet, friendship card and plan on sending this to a friend back home. I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to stop by the TAWS blog for much more inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by! ♥


7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Beautiful watercolored wash on the background! I have a question about your glue dots. I've used glue dots on vellum before & it still shows through. What kind you used? Or does it show a bit, but just not visible in the picture? Thanks, Yuki! I know your friend back home will appreciate this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I use the Zots Bling glue dots. They're small enough to hide behind the embossing. I find the larger glue dots do show through, however I've had pretty good success with adhering smaller vellum pieces with these glue dots :)

      Delete
  2. awwww...super cute!
    hmmmm...I have the same question about the glue dots too! They are literally invisible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I use the Zots Bling glue dots. They're small enough to hide behind the embossing. I find the larger glue dots do show through, however I've had pretty good success with adhering smaller vellum pieces with these glue dots :)

      Delete
  3. This is lovely !! The water coloring is so pretty and just love the adorable design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! I love the watercoloring and those soft vellum clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like this Yuki!! The clouds are darling and your background is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete