Friday, October 2, 2015

Top Dog Dies Guest Designer

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm so thrilled to be guest designing over on the Top Dog Dies blog. Today I'm showcasing three cards featuring dies from their latest release.

The first card is a sweet, Fall-themed thank you card featuring the "Pocket Page Fall Die Set." How sweet is that little squirrel? I die cut the squirrel and acorn from white cardstock and colored them in with Copic Markers. I used my Sakura Black Glaze gel pen for his eye and used my Sakura White Gelly Roll pen to add the catchlight. I used the panel die to create a window scene from kraft cardstock. I used a stitched hill die and a forest border die to create my little scene. I colored the hill using Simon Says Stamp "Beanstalk Green" ink and colored the forest border layer using Simon Says Stamp "Olive" ink. For the sentiment, I stamped the banner from the WPlus9 set "Basic Banners" in Simon Says Stamp "Fog" ink and then stamped the sentiment in Simon Says Stamp "Dark Chocolate" ink. To finish the card, die cut a bow from the same kraft cardstock and adhered it to the top of my window scene.
"A Note of Thanks" by Handmade by Yuki | "Pocket Page Fall Die Set" by Top Dog Dies

For my second card, I decided to make a fun Halloween shaker card featuring the "Pocket Page Halloween Die Set." I die cut the cute kitty from Bazzill "Taffy" cardstock and colored his little nose with my R20 Copic Maker. For some added interest, I gave him some googly eyes. I die cut the frame die from black cardstock and used a stitched rectangle die to cut a window for my shaker window. I white heat embossed the sentiment from Newton's Nook Designs "Newton's Perfect Pumpkin" in white embossing powder. I filled the shaker with Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Halloween Sequins Mix, 4mm Marshmallow Sequins and 4mm Charcoal Sequins. I used pattern papers from the Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka In The Dark" 6x6 paper pack and to finish the card, I added a few more sequins to the card panel.Halloween Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Pocket Page Halloween Die Set" by Top Dog Dies

For my third and final card, I created a fun Halloween card featuring the super cute ghost from the "Ghost Die Set." I used pattern paper from the Doodlebug "Ghouls & Goodies" 6x6 paper pack and die cut the two square panels using the Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Squares" set. I die cut the center of my focal panel using the Pretty Pink Posh "Peek-a-Boo" die. For the sentiment, I inlaid die cut the "boo" die onto the speech bubble. To finish the card, I added Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Charcoal Sequins, 6mm Lavender Moon Sequins and 6mm Peridot Mist Sequins.
Halloween Ghost card by Handmade by Yuki | "Ghost Die Set" by Top Dog Dies

I  had so much fun making these cards and playing with the new Top Dog Dies release. Aside from the cute images included in the sets, I especially love the versatile frames. I can see myself using the frame dies all year round. I hope you were inspired by today's cards and be sure to check out the Top Dog Dies blog for more inspiration! Have a wonderful day! ♥

6 comments:

  1. Holy Moly! These are all SO cute!! Love these dies and all the fun scenes you created!! The bow on top of the frame on your first card is just perfect!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these Yuki :) Great job being a guest designer at top dog dies.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun dies, and I absolutely love what you have done with them! Really adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeks!!! Both of these are seriously so CUTE! Such fun scenes and you totally rocked those dies! Awesome job showcasing them! And congrats on being guest designer at Top Dog Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on guesting at TDD Yuki!! Your cards is fantastic, the first is my favorite, such a cute scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! These are all cute, but I'm loving the first one the most!!

    ReplyDelete