Thursday, November 5, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #10 - Sketch & Inspiration Photo


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! It's Thursday which means it's time for a new Share Joy Challenge! As you know, the Share Joy Challenge is all about creating and sharing joy with others. When I first heard about Jennifer McGuire's new "Share Handmade Kindess Challenge," I knew I wanted to play along and the Share Joy Challenge is a great way to be inspired!
For this week's challenge, I was inspired by the inspiration photo to create a pretty shaker card for one of my dear friends back in California. Although I do miss my friends back home, it's been so fun sending them happy mail and actually getting happy mail in return! It's always such a treat when you get happy mail from a non-crafty friend.
 photo Yuki_SJC10.jpg
I used the "Simply Stamped - Daisies" set for today's card. I used the following Simon Says Stamp inks for the flowers and leaves: Melon, Orange Peel, Green Apple and Willow. I then created my A2-sized shaker frame by die cutting a piece of kraft cardstock using stitched rectangle dies. Although it's hard to tell in the photo, I used gold metallic cardstock for the background of my shaker. I then gold heat embossed the sentiment onto the vellum window. I filled the shaker with the new 4mm Whimsical Forest Sequins Mix from Pretty Pink Posh. To finish the card, I added the 6mm version of the same sequin mix to the front of the card and added clear Wink of Stella to the flowers.

I hope you liked today's card and were inspired to share some kindness as well! Be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥


5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful shaker card! I love the frosted vellum over the shaker instead of the clear acetate! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful!!! I just adore the shaker with the pretty flowers. Lovely Yuki! & I totally agree, it's nice to actually receive snail mail from a non crafty friend too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Yuki! I like the gold embossed sentiment on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing catch up on my favorite blogs. :) This card is absolutely beautiful! I love that you used vellum instead of acetate because it gives the card such a cool look. I know your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete