Thursday, November 19, 2015

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #12 - Sketch & Keep it CAS

Hi there! This is my third post of the day. Below are direct links to today's earlier posts:




Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! It's Thursday again, can you believe this week is almost over? I'm actually pretty excited, this weekend is my birthday. So to celebrate, we're taking the train to Portland for a weekend getaway. We're packing up our bikes too, so that we can just bike around town. Fortunately, the forecast is showing sunshine this weekend; let's keep our fingers crossed it stays that way!

Ok, so back to my post, it's time for another Share Joy Challenge! And I made yet another holiday card using the adorable set, "Critters on Ice" set. I am determined to use every critter included in this set, they are all just so cute!
 photo Yuki_SJC12.jpg
I decided to go the clean and simple route. I stamped the bear directly onto a white card panel. I wasn't paying attention and accidentally stamped the bear using Hero Arts "Black" dye ink instead of my usual Copic-friendly black ink. I didn't notice until after I had masked the bear, inked the background and stamped the sentiment lol. Needless to say, I was not about to start over. Just to be extra cautious, I quickly heat set the stamped image with my head gun and carefully colored the bear in with Copic Markers. To finish the card, I drew in small dots with my white gel pen to give the illusion of snow.

This was such a quick and easy card to make and I just love how cute it turned out! I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

8 comments:

  1. Love this Yuki! Makes me want to go stamp and color him right up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek!! SO cute!!!! Love the cas design. Simply striking!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, this is just way too cute! Love the subtle background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is soooo soo sooooo cute!! :) this bear is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft background Yuki, this is as pretty as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I think I might have to use this sketch today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your background making that polar bear super cute and bright!

    ReplyDelete