Thursday, December 17, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - "Peace, Love & Joy"

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. For the SSS You Have My Heart Release post, click here.

Today I'm up on the Newton's  Nook Designs blog sharing this sweet Christmas card featuring the new "Jolly Tags" stamp and coordinating die set.
 photo NND December DT Post_Snowman Card_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
For today's card, I was inspired by one of my teammate's card to use one of the tag images on its own. I masked off the tag border and clear heat embossed the snowman onto a piece of watercolor cardstock. I then did some very basic watercoloring with my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I die cut the focal panel using stitched banner die and added a piece of gold, polka-dot washi tape across the bottom. I clear heat embossed the small, circular tag included in this set and cut it using the coordinating die. I then clear heat embossed the sentiment from "Newton's Christmas Cuddles" which fit right inside the little tag perfectly. I added some gold sparkle twine to my banner and glued a bow onto my small tag. All of the pattern papers are from the My Minds Eye "Christmas on Market Street" 6x6 paper pack. This paper pack is absolutely gorgeous and includes some beautiful gold foiling. To finish the card, I added some Metallic Gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I really love the way this card turned out and I had so much fun using this stamp set in a different way. Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! The snowman is so cute and the papers are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the way you used the tag image without creating a tag and the lovely layers too!

    ReplyDelete