Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Concord & 9th - Hello Friend

Hi crafty friends! I am so excited to be back on the Concord & 9th blog sharing another card using products from the latest release.

For today's post, I made a sweet and simple hello card using the Layers of Love stamp and die set and the Sophisticated Script stamp set. I know I've said this before, but I absolutely love this new release! These sets are so incredibly versatile and can be used all year-round.

To begin the card, I started off with a scrap piece of white cardstock. I used a few purple Copic Makers to color a quick background, creating a gradient look. I then die cut the background using the striped heart and saved all of the small die cut pieces. I die cut the heart again from a white square panel and inlaid the small, die cut pieces I had previously colored. I created my own custom sentiment using the Sophisticated Script stamp set. This alphabet set is absolutely gorgeous and so unique, I can't say I have anything close to a set like this in my stash. I white heat embossed "hello" onto a piece of vellum and then fussy-cut the sentiment out, leaving a border. I used clear foam tape to pop up the vellum sentiment. I then white heat embossed friend onto a piece of black cardstock and popped that onto the focal panel with foam tape as well.
 photo Concord amp 9th_Hello Friend_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I matted the focal panel onto a piece of black cardstock and used some coordinating grey pattern paper for the background. To finish the card, I added some purple twine and covered the purple stripes with Wink of Stella clear glitter.
 photo Concord amp 9th_Hello Friend_2_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I can never have too many hello cards on hand and I just love the way this card turned out. I've had so much fun being a Guest Designer for Concord & 9th this month and I hope you were inspired! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Concord & 9th blog for more inspiration!


Concord & 9th

5 comments:

  1. Love the mix of polka dots and stripes Yuki, this is delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this - Pink and purple are my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is just beautiful Yuki!! The blended purple shades is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love, love, love this! The inlayed stripes and the ombre of purple is just striking Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete