Friday, January 22, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #28 - Love Theme

Happy Friday! It's time for another Inky Paws Challenge on the Newton's Nook Designs blog! For this challenge, I was inspired by the pink from the inspiration photo and created a sweet Valentine's card using Newton Dreams of Paris and Simply Sentimental.
 photo NND Inky Paws Challenge 28_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I used the Storybook 1 die from Pretty Pink Posh to frame my scene. I inked up the background using Twisted Citron distress ink and SSS Sea Glass dye ink. I stamped the Eiffel tower directly onto the background and used my white gel pen to add some highlights. I also used a grey Copic Marker to add some shadowing as well. I stamped the hot air balloons directly onto the background and colored the images with Copic Markers. Since these images were so small, I decided not to mask them off. Fortunately, the markers covered up the inked background. I also colored Newton with Copic Markers and fussy-cut him out, leaving a white border. Although I fussy-cut Newton, I am super excited that a coordinating die set was recently released for this set. I used the sentiment from Simply Seasonal and framed the entire card with a scallop frame. To finish the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

I just love how sweet this card turned out and had so much fun playing along with this challenge. I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

5 comments:

  1. OH this could not be any cuter!! So many fun details to take in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these gorgeous soft colors together!!Such a sweet design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly adorable Paris scene!! The happy stamped on vellum looks great. Love this to bits Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. It is so pretty! Really like how you colored the kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this adorable scene you created! so cute with the window!!

    ReplyDelete