Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs January Release - Hoppy Days

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs January release and today we're showcasing Hoppy Days.
This is such a sweet set and there are so many adorable critters and fun sentiments. For today's card, I decided to make a fun birthday card featuring the cute frog.
Hoppy Birthday by Handmade by Yuki | Hoppy Days by Newton's Nook Designs
I colored the frog and lily pad with Copic Markers and fussy-cut them out, leaving a white border. I used the Storybook 1 die to create the background. I white heat embossed the "hoppy" sentiment onto black cardstock and fussy-cut this out as well. I popped the background pieces up onto a piece pattern paper and added a scalloped border I had die cut from black cardstock on each side. I added some twine and Pretty Pink Posh sequins and clear droplets. As a finishing touch, I covered the lily pad and the frog's spots with Irresistibles Shimmer Pico Embellisher, which is similar to Glossy Accents.

I just love the versatility of this set and those cute critters would be perfect for any occasion. Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to hop along with us for a chance to win this stamp set!


Would you like to win “Hoppy Days”?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, January 14th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 15th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:

Pretty Pink Posh

31 comments:

  1. Great Birthday card! Love the colors you've chosen to create a background. And it goes without saying, the frog simply rocks. Wish I were the lucky one to get this card for my birthday. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute stamp set and such an adorable hoppy card! hehe! Seriously it's beyond fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE is your card?!!...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable stamp set and card! I love the bright panels against the dark background. Polka-dots are always a great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Love that cute frog and your background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! I love that pretty three panel effect!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just perfect! Love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those beautiful blues and that polka dot paper are striking together a real eye grabber! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love how the frog is hopping through the shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, the frog is coloured brilliantly and I really do love the whole feel of the card. Cannot wait to get this stamp set xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is seriously precious!! I love the color combo with the polka dots! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is stunning!! It's super pretty girl!! I really love how you used the dies from ppp. Love love love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love LOVE this card!Super sweet design and love the colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute birthday card design. I like the polka dot background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, Yuki, this is just TOO CUTE! There is just something about a frog hopping that always looks cute! Great job!
    You ladies rocked this set! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so gorgeous love all tips to re create this card. really fun too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the different stitched rectangles look fabulous! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super sweet card. I really love that you used the story board die in the background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the layout and color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! Really cute card love how the frog is jumping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the mint and black color combo and the super fun layout you used! Really adorable card!!
    --Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your card, Yuki! The sentiment just pops, and I love your use of the Pretty Pink Posh dies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, I recognize this!! Such a cute birthday card Yuki and the little leaping frog is too much fun! I'm lucky to call this one mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So happy you liked the card. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! :)

      Delete
  24. I love the window die. The frog jumping across it is a fun idea.
    Love the card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute card! Love how you did the hoppy word!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute design! Love the frog with the black and white dotted paper!

    ReplyDelete