Thursday, January 14, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs January Release - Darling Duos Stamp set + Darling Hearts Dies

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. For my Right At Home DT post, click here.

Welcome back! Today is the second reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs January release and today we're showcasing the Darling Duo stamp set and Darling Hearts dies.
How adorable is this stamp set? I just love how the sweet couples fit perfectly inside of the stitched heart die! For today's card, I used the sweet bird couple to make a Valentine's Day card.
"You & Me" Love Birds by Handmade by Yuki | "Darline Duos" and "Darling Hearts" by Newton's Nook Designs
I wanted to make the birds look like tropical birds, so I decided to go with non-traditional Valentine's Day colors. I colored the birds with Copic Markers and cut the entire image using the stitched heart die. I created my own background panel by inking the panel with a light blue ink. I masked the stitched edges to frame the blue background. I then used a dotted stencil as a guide to hand-draw the white polka-dot background with my white gel pen. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of vellum and glued it right onto my blue panel. I matted the panels onto a piece of matching pattern paper. I then die cut a stitched strip of white cardstock and added it to the bottom of the card. For some added interest, I die cut the smallest heart from the Darling Heart die set from white cardstock and inked it up with a coral ink.

I just love the way this card turned out! This is such a sweet set and the new dies are so versatile too! Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to hop along with us for a chance to win this stamp set!


Would you like to win “Darling Duos”?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, January 14th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 15th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:

24 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Beautiful colouring of the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love that sweet bird stamp. You did a fabulous job with the soft colors you used. I also like how you created your own polka dot background. So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very sweet card. The birds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sweet and i love the colours you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet--I like how you colored the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how simple and vibrant this card is! Beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuki, they DO resemble tropical birds. What nicer way to celebrate Valentines with your special 'one' with a 'tropical' card, especially when you live in a cold, snowy area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I love the color combo!! So tropical!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card.
    Love how the love birds are framed.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful colors you used for the birds. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful little lovebirds!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the design and your fabulous coloring. The colors are just as sweet as those birdies ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the color combo! It reminds me of yummy sherbert!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful color combination! Love the wonderfully colored birds and the handmade background along with the great details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your color palette is beautiful as always! The birds look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a soft and colorful card! Love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I like this!! Your coloring on the birds is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors you've used. The background makes the birds really stand out. Great design and well done job!

    ReplyDelete