Thursday, January 14, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #18 - Sketch + Inspiration Photo

Hi again! This is my third post of the day, below are my earlier posts:


Taylored Expressions
Welcome back! Today is the start of a new Share Joy Challenge! For this week's challenge, I was inspired by sketch and inspiration photo. I used the new Quick Critters stamp and coordinating die set to create two sweet cards that I intend on sending to friends this Valentine's Day.
Share Joy Challenge #18 | Valentine's Day Friendship Cards by Handmade by Yuki | Quick Critters by Taylored Expressions
The color scheme and dry embossed background was directly inspired from the inspiration photo. I created my own scalloped border inspired from the sketch by using one of the Skinny Mini Party Borders. I inlaid die cut the border die to go across the bottom of my pink panel. Since the border die did not go across the entire length of the card front, both cards are slightly more narrow than your standard A2-sized card. Also from the sketch, I turned the small scallop circle into the main focal window of the card. I die cut all of the critters from colored cardstock and inlaid die cut the little hearts with pink cardstock. To finish the cards, I added matching twine and Sweetheart Sequins Mix from Pretty Pink Posh.

These cards are just so sweet and I just love the cute whimsical critters from the Quick Critters set. I hope you were inspired by today's cards and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥


3 comments:

  1. Oh those are totally adorable!! I love the scalloped edges and the super cute little animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beadboard embossing and the little scallops add up to adorable!! These are so sweet Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuki this are absolutely adorable! I love those little animals and your fantastic take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete