Thursday, February 18, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - Life's A Garden

Hi again! This is my second post of the day, for the Simon Says Stamp "Reason to Smile" post, click here.

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing this sweet card featuring the Garden Whimsy set.
 photo NND Feb DT Post_Lifes a Garden_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I colored the images with Copic Markers and fussy cut them out, leaving a white border. I created the sky with SSS Lake Shores and Peacock Feathers distress ink. For the grass, I used Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn distress inks. I then stamped the grass included in the set in SSS Green Apple ink. I die cut two thin strips of khaki cardstock using a stitched scalloped die and glued them to either side of the focal panel. I finished the card by adding some twine going doing the left-side of the card.

I just love how sweet this card turned out, it's just perfect for Spring! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥


7 comments:

  1. Eeek this is so sweet!!! Love your adorable garden scene and your stripes in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable Yuki! Love the layers and your scene is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling!! I like those teeny scallops bordering the bear panel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfull card and great colouring and distessing you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! I love the two toned inked background! The perfect backdrop to that cute Winston watering the flowers!!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete