Thursday, February 11, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs February Release - Newton Unwinds Stamp Set + Coordinating Dies

Hi crafty friends! Today is the second reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs February release and today we're showcasing the adorable new set, Newton Unwinds.

Seriously, how stinkin' cute is this set? The moment I saw the image of Newton on the yarn ball, I knew I had to color him to look like my Mozart! To create my background, I started off with a square panel of watercolor cardstock. I created a simple watercolor background using Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers distress inks. Once the background was completely dry, I used a Tiny Spaced Heart stencil to apply white texture paste. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of black cardstock I had die cut using a small stitched banner tag. I tucked the banner behind a white square scalloped frame, which I popped up with foam tape. I used matching purple pattern paper for the background and finished the card with some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
 photo NND February Release_Newton Unwinds_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I just love the way this card turned out! The kitty reminds me of Mozart, chubby belly and all! I hope you were inspired as well and thanks again for stopping by! Make sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Newton Unwinds” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, February 11th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, February
12th.
Newton's Nook Designs
Lydia Evans
Larissa Heskett
Samantha Mann
Crafty Math-Chick
Jess Gerstner
Stephanie Muzzulin
Danielle Pandeline
Nina-Marie Trapani
Kimberly Rendino
Yukari Yoshioka (that's me!)
Ka Slagoski - Guest Designer

Pretty Pink Posh


37 comments:

  1. Awwww Yuki, how sweet is THIS card??? Love it! Beautiful job and I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background!! Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek!!! This is SO darling!! Love the purple! Just gorgeous Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!! Love the purple, the background, and always love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card Yuki. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet cat, giant ball of yarn, beautiful background - it couldn't be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your card, Yuki! I always love the cat stamps from Newton's Nook anyway. This is just purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute card Yuki!! Love that background!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful background for that cute kitty image. I really love your card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful watercolor background! I love your sweet little kitty too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love the purple colors and the wonderful background!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card with awesome colors! Love this cute Newton stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card, loving that background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty in shades of blue and purple. I like the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I just can't...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh sooo... cute. Love the colors. Seems to be a torn layer under the scalloped and was wondering what that was? Your coloration is so beautiful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, your Newton/Mozart came out beautiful! Love all the purples.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Love all the purples with Newton.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Purple and teal are one of my favorite color combos. Your card is stunning. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is gorgeous. Love the muted tones

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes kitten stamp I will receive your hugs just come to my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't tell the others but yours is my favourite card on the hop! LOVE everything about it - the inking, the stenciling, the frame, and of course the lovable Newton! Seriously awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so
    pretty and love
    the coloring.
    This stamp set
    is adorable.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Card! I love the background with the watercolors and the cute hearts! Such a perfect spot for the kitty to hang out!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  25. very well designed card! Love the kitten version of Newton:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Yuki, this is my new fave from you!! Love the lilac and aqua together with that cute kitty! SWEET card!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card. I like the border and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this set and the pretty background, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love the soft watercolor you used.. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the soft shades in this card. Really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh so sweet! Your watercolored background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete