Friday, February 19, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #29 - Color Challenge

TGIF, woohoo! I hope you have some fun plans this weekend. I've been pretty swamped with work lately, but I'm so excited to take a break and enjoy the weekend! It's that time of the month again and there's a new Inky Paws Challenge on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. For this challenge, I was directly inspired by the image and used the challenge colors to create a kitchen window scene using the new Made from Scratch set.
 photo NND Inky Paws Challenge 29_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I used the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Duo 3" set to create the window panel. I then colored the images with Copic Markers and then die cut them using the coordinating dies. To add some additional contrast against the red pattern paper, I die cut a strip of white cardstock using one of the Pretty Pink Posh stitched border dies. I used a side-folding cardbase and once I had put everything together, I realized I wanted to add some twine going across the cardbase. This was no problem, I simply used my craft knife to cut a small slit along the crease of the cardbase and wove the twine right through. Now this does mean that you can see the twine from the inside of the card, however that doesn't really bother me. To finish the card, I covered the images in Clear Wink of Stella glitter and added Pico Shimmer Embellisher to the little hearts.

I just love how sweet this card turned out and had so much fun playing along with this challenge. I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

6 comments:

  1. Adorable, I love all the colors and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty are those patterns together!! Love your window with the baking supplies!! SO sweet!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your patterns and colors Yuki, this is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your use of patterned paper!! Amazing design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So FUN! I love the baking stuff in front of the window! The red polka dot background add the perfect touch too!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  6. So FUN! I love the baking stuff in front of the window! The red polka dot background add the perfect touch too!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete