Friday, February 5, 2016

Sweet Treats Blog Hop

Welcome back! Today is the Sweet Treats Blog Hop hosted by Newton's Nook Designs! The NND design team is showcasing Valentine's Day-inspired projects. I'm the last stop along the hop, so if you're just joining us, you'll want to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog to start from the beginning.

My dad loves chocolate, so for this Valentine's Day, I plan on sending him a small care package including this sweet treat holder filled with tasty chocolates! Since I know my dad isn't too big on cutesy projects, I kept the design pretty clean and simple and used the hearts from the Darling Duos and coordinating die set, Darling Hearts.
 photo NND Sweet Treats Blog Hop 2016_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I used a Candy Box die to cut the treat holder twice from gray pattern paper. I then stamped the solid heart stamps in mint and light blue dye inks onto coordinating colored cardstock for a tone-on-tone look. I die cut the hearts using the coordinating dies and die cut the smallest heart from pink cardstock as well. For the sentiment, I selectively stamped the "sending" from the "sending snuggles" sentiment onto a stitched oval label. I die cut the love sentiment from gray cardstock and glued it directly under the sentiment. To finish the treat holder, I stuffed it with tasty Kisses chocolates and closed each end with some matching twine.

I just love how sweet this treat holder turned out and I had so much fun stretching my supplies and using this stamp and die set in a different way. Thank you for hopping along with us today and I hope you were inspired!

Sweet Treats Blog Hop Giveaway!

Would you like to win a $10 store credit to our Newton's Nook Designs?
We are giving them out to TWO lucky winners! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Sunday, February 7th at 9pm CDT to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Monday, February 8th.

36 comments:

  1. Absolutely SWEET!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a man! I'm sure he will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a man! I'm sure he will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I LOVE the color combination--the pale blue and grey and pink! Very pretty and a great idea too!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Love these colours! Filled with chocolate? Count me in! He will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute treat! The darling heart dies are a must have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, thanks for inspiration:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great treat box for a male! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun treat
    box and love the
    colors you used.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your project. I dont see many treat boxes but this would be great for any holiday! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the masculine look to your treat box. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors on your blog page and your photo is adorable!! Very cute sweet treat box and love the heart dies you used. Very cute and perfect for guys too! I love the way you listed the supplies too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors, love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color combo - I'm sure your Dad will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great masculine project, and those are hard to find! Killer design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute , can do a lot of different ways with these to make for boys or girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who cares what you put inside this sweet treat box, it's too cute to open!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darling little Valentine treat box!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors! The treat box is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect generic colors for an awesome treat...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that box and the color scheme!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute box. I haven't seen that die but shall be on the lookout for it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the sweet little candy box, Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Dad will love the container you made with love and also the chocolates inside it. That is so cute an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is adorable! I love the fun tags you made using the hearts and dies! Such a fun sweet color palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this candy treat holder. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  27. SQUEAL!! Such a SWEET Treat Box!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Design and the Colors that you used!!THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =) HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this project. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice care package. Sure your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great great great idea! Love it! So pretty sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your candy box! Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely sweet, love that candy box, like the olden days, the twine makes it even better. Thanks for sharing these fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete