Thursday, February 4, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #21 - Sketch + Color Challenge


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! I know it's been a little quiet around here lately, but rest assured, I've been busy behind the scenes crafting away! Next week will be a busy week, so be sure to swing by again.

Now back to today's post, it's Thursday, which means it's time for a new Share Joy Challenge! For this week's challenge, I was inspired by the color challenge to create a fun and cheerful card using Sunshiny Day and the new Picture Perfect Smile die.
 photo Yuki_SJC21.jpg
I colored the happy flower and sun with Copic Markers and then fussy-cut them out, leaving a white border. I created my window scene by die cutting the frame three times from white cardstock. This gave my frame dimension and stability without having to fuss with a bunch of foam tape. I dry embossed the white background panel using the Dotted Lattice embossing folder and also used coordinating pattern paper from the MFT Calm and Cozy Chevron paper pack. I went over the flower and sun with my Wink of Stella Clear glitter brush pen and then added some Shimmer Pico Embellisher to the heart and sun.

I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Love your darling scene, Yuki! I never tried Taylored Expressions stamps before and am thinking of buying a couple sets. This set just might be one of them! Also, which other sets do you recommend? Hope you're having a wonderful day, my crafty friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment! This is a great set. It has so many cute images to mix and match. I'm a big fan of their critter sets (surprise, surprise lol!). The Critters on Ice was one of my favorite holiday sets.

      I also wanted to let you know I received your email. Thank you for the additional details! I've been so busy and haven't replied, but I will get back to you soon with my post info and card photo :).

      Delete
  2. What a cute card, love the sweet smiling flower!!

    ReplyDelete