Thursday, March 24, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Hoppy Birthday

Welcome back! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing a fun birthday card using the adorable kangaroo from the Hoppy Days set.
 photo NND Hoppy Birthday_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I started off by die cutting a panel using a wonky stitched rectangle die. I inked up the background using Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint distress inks for the grass and Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Candied Apple distress inks for the sunset sky. Once I had inked up the background, I spritzed the background with water. I then die cut the panel using a smaller stitched rectangle die to create a frame. I inked up a separate piece of white cardstock with Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint distress inks and then cut it with a grassy border die. I stamped the "hoppy sentiment" directly onto the inside panel and white heat embossed the "birthday" onto black cardstock. I then wrapped some natural twine around the inside panel. I stamped a canvas background pattern  onto a kraft cardbase with khaki dye ink. To finish the card, I popped the frame onto the cardbase with foam tape.

I had so much fun making this card and I just loved the way it turned out. I hope you were inspired today and thanks again for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome background!! This is so cute Yuki! Our son's name is Joe, so every time I see a baby kangaroo (a Joey!!) I think of him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO adorable! I'm in LOVE with that yellow sky! Reminds me of sunrise :)

    ReplyDelete