Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs March Release - Beautiful Wings Stamp Set + Coordinating Die

Welcome back! Today is the second reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs March release and today we're showcasing the Beautiful Wings stamp set and coordinating dies!
Today I made a set of two cards. I kept the design the same for both, just simply changed up the color schemes, butterfly image and sentiments. 
 photo NND March Release _Beautiful Wings 01_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I colored the butterflies with Copic Markers and then die cut them out using the coordinating dies - such a time saver! I used used a decorative tag die for the focal panels. To mute the pattern papers behind the butterflies, I added a layer of vellum behind the window.
 photo NND March Release _Beautiful Wings 03_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I white heat embossed the sentiments onto colored cardstock and then used a stitched label tab die to cut them out. I covered the butterflies in clear Wink of Stella glitter and then finished the card by added a few Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
 photo NND March Release _Beautiful Wings 02_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
This is such a beautiful and versatile set! I think it'd be so fun to watercolor the butterflies too. I had so much fun creating these cards and I hope you were inspired. Thanks again for stopping by and make sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Beautiful Wings” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, March 17th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, March 18th.


Pretty Pink Posh

27 comments:

  1. What a lovely and elegant pair of cards! I can see making many sets of these beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background really seem to go with the butterflies you chose. Did you make them or are they patterned cardstock? Lovely cards. Love your use of the stitched tabs dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous designs! Love these beautiful cards ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and
    I like the frame
    sets used.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the vellum softens the whole design,. Beautiful cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these contrasting designs! The mint/coral color combo is gorgeous and the design in the butterfly's wings really seems to match up well with the background. Although I usually think colorful when I think of butterflies, I still really like the B&W card too. The shading on the butterfly is so pretty and the floral background adds to the Spring theme! I love how you mixed patterns and framed each butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love the vellum for a great look! Gorgeous butterflies in this awesome set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!! I like that you created these cards in a similar design but with totally different colors/butterflies. They look so different but so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! I love the way you changed it up with two different color combos! This would be a great way to use up some patterned paper and make a gift set! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful cards! Gorgeous background!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the tag and tab combination clean and simple could easily be mass produce if you wanted, very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty Yuki!!! I love the colors and the vellum window! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards! The layers are wonderful and the frames around the butterflies highlight their beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Yuki, what a great way to use the PPP dies! That frame is perfect with those fancy butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you made each butterfly unique in the color choices and style you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, love the way the window accents the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  17. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS cards Yuki!!!
    WOW - the swirly butterflies are SO BEAUTIFUL, your colour combos and designs a DELIGHT - LOVE them BOTH!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your INKY INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card are so elegant, the butterflies looks fantastic in those frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowwwww!!!! I love butterflies, this amazing release and these stunning cards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love every version of this beautiful card and the butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards! The black monochromatic color theme works well with the butterfly! I don't think I would have thought of using these colors!

    ReplyDelete