Thursday, March 3, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #25 - Sketch + Color Challenge


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! As you might have seen in my previous post, this week we're having a friend from Los Angeles visit. We'll be heading up to Whistler, BC tomorrow for a fun weekend full of snowboarding!

But now back to my post, it's Thursday, which means it's time for a new Share Joy Challenge! This week I was inspired by the colors and used the new Bunny Tails & Happy Trails set to create a sweet friendship card.
 photo Yuki_SJC25.jpg
I colored the kitty image with Copic Markers and cut the image out using the coordinating die. The pattern papers used are from the Build A Scene 6x6 paper pack. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the focal panel and colored the word "smiles" with my blue Copic Marker. To make the truck and sentiment extra sparkly and fun, I covered them in Clear Wink of Stella glitter and then added a coat of Shimmer Pico Embellisher. To tie in more of the gray color, I die cut a strip of gray cardstock using a stitched scalloped border die and wrapped some matching pink twine around it. I popped the strip onto the cardbase with foam tape. To finish the card, I added a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
 photo Yuki_SJC25 2.jpg
I think this card is just so fun and it would be perfect to send to a friend back in California. I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

9 comments:

  1. Well that is just adorable! I love the colors you used, and that little truck and kitty are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in LOVE with these colors together! Pink and grey is one of my favourite color combos! & that little kitty in the truck is just the sweetest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so CUTE!!! Love the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card...love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and CUTE! Great take on the color challenge! Have fun snowboarding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, this is so cute, what a fun little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card, dear friend! HEY!! You're in Canada -- did you end up stopping by Vancouver? Safe travels. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We actually didn't this time around.. Drove right through Burnaby to Whistler. We hope to visit and stay in Vancouver soon. I'll definitely let you know when we do and we can meet up!

      Delete