Thursday, March 10, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #26 - Sketch + Inspiration Photo

This is my second post of the day, for the Pretty Pink Posh March Blog Hop, click here.


Taylored Expressions
Hi again! Thank you for joining me again. It seems Thursdays are usually pretty busy days on my blog and today is no exception! There's a new challenge on the Share Joy Challenge blog and this week I went with the sketch.
 photo Yuki_SJC26 01.jpg
I created two cards using the Simply Stamped - Roses set. I used the same design and products for both cards, just simply changed out the sentiments. The roses were stamped in SSS Melon dye ink and Hero Arts Soft Vanilla dye inks. The leaves were stamped in SSS Mint dye ink and Hero Arts Mint Julep dye ink. I cut the stamped images out using the coordinating dies. I used pattern papers from the Jen Hadfield "Cottage Living," MFT "Freshly Squeezed Chevron," and My Mind's Eye "Market Street" paper packs. I used a scallop circle die to frame the sentiments and heat embossed the sentiments onto vellum using Antique Gold embossing powder. Inspired by the sketch, I added strips of pattern paper I had die cut using a stitched banner die. I dry embossed the card bases with the Dotted Lattice embossing folder and to finish the card, I added 4mm and 6mm Metallic Gold sequins.

This first card used one of the sentiments included in the Simply Stamped - Roses set.
 photo Yuki_SJC26 03.jpg
The second card features an uplifting sentiment from the Sky High set
 photo Yuki_SJC26 02.jpg
The colors were very much inspired by Spring and I just love how both cards turned out! I hope you were inspired as well and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

14 comments:

  1. Wow! These are gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors and the chevron with the embossed background!
    Love the sentiment on the second one, so sweet and encouraging!
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card set. Like the way you used your patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the most delicate and lovely cards. The colors are amazing. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful, stunning cards. Fantastic job and thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant card Yuki! Love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting combination of patterns and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colors and i like the spalsh of gold! These are lovely Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the gold embossing on the vellum with the scalloped circles. Such pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Yuki! Love the embossing on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liking your cards. Excited about the new products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty, Yuki! I especially love the splash of gold that makes the design so elegant!

    ReplyDelete