Thursday, March 24, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #28 - Sketch + Clean & Simple

This is my second post of the day, for the Newton's Nook Designs DT post, click here.


Taylored Expressions
Hi again! It's time for a new challenge on the Share Joy Challenge blog. This week I made a clean and simple card inspired by the sketch using the super fun set, Party Pals.
 photo Yuki_SJC28 01.jpg
Since the design for this card was so simple, I decided to go with a 4-bar card size. I colored the cute birthday cake with Copic Markers and cut it out using the coordinating die. For some extra fun sparkle and shine, I covered the icing and candles in Shimmer Pico Embellisher. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a teal blue cardstock I cut into a thin banner strip and mounted it over a piece of gray pattern paper. To finish the card, I rounded all four edges using my corner chomper.
 photo Yuki_SJC28 02.jpg
This was such a quick clean and simple card and I just love how sweet it turned out! I hope you were inspired as well and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

5 comments:

  1. Adorable Yuki! I love the glossy accents you added to the icing on the cake - it's just the perfect little finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that cake is toooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! That cake is so cute! What a sweet CAS card!

    ReplyDelete