Thursday, April 21, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs April Release - Tag Sampler

Hi there! Welcome back to day two of Newton's Nook Designs April release. If you missed day one, you'll want to head over here. Today we're showcasing Tag Sampler which pairs perfectly with the Tags Times Two die set!
One of the gifts for Mother's Day this year is a set of handmade cards for my mom. She is a big supporter of my card making and is always asking me to send her spare cards. So I figured I'd make her a whole set of card. The moment I saw this set, I knew it'd be perfect for adding that extra special touch to her gift.
Handmade with Love tag by Handmade by Yuki | Tag Sample and Tag Times Two by Newton's Nook Designs
I heat embossed the dashed tag frame in gold embossing powder. I then masked off the edges and repeatedly stamped the leaf background and embossed that in gold as well. I used Gansai Tambi watercolors for the green background. I then gold heat embossed the second tag frame included in the set and and the sentiment as well. I fussy-cut the swirly frame and watercolored the background with light yellow color. I popped the sentiment portion onto the green tag with foam tape and then finished the tag by adding a string of gold sequins in lieu of regular twine, I thought it added some extra pizzazz to the tag.
Handmade with Love tag by Handmade by Yuki | Tag Sample and Tag Times Two by Newton's Nook Designs
I just love how pretty and elegant this tag turned out. You could easily mas produce these tags to have on-hand or even to give as gifts! I hope you were inspired today and be sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Tag Sampler” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, April 21st at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, April 22nd.

22 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tag!!! Love the gold!! Beautifully done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew a simple little tag could be SO GORGEOUS?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning job on your tag. Great idea to use sequins for the tie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of using the sequins for
    the string. Have lots of those
    but don't know what to do with them.
    thanks for the suggestion.
    the tag is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is so pretty and elegant with all the gold! I love the teal color you chose to coordinate with it too! I bet you mom is going to LOVE all the handmade cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag to go with your gift of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the teal with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gold embossing and using the string of gold sequins to tie the tag to the gift. I need to check my stash of sequin string colors against my embossing powder stash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pretty gold embossing. Fabulous project

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun, lovely and creative tag - sweet details!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Your mom is going to be so excited to receive this elegant tag with some of your amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors and textures, so very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag! Love the colors and textures! Love that little knit design stamp! Gives a great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, what a beautiful tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooohhhh....lovelovelove all the gold.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great stamp and die set. A must have.

    ReplyDelete