Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs April Release - Winston's Honeybees

Hi craft friends! Today is the first reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs April release and today we're showcasing a new 4x4 set called Winston's Honeybees. This set is seriously adorable and I love the new size, larger than the mini 3 x 4, but not quite the full-size 4 x 6 - so fun!
For today's card I decided to make a fun shaker card using my new Gansai Tambi watercolors! I've been eyeing these watercolors for the longest time and I finally gave in and bought them - and so far I'm hooked!

I started off by stamping the images using my mini MISTI onto watercolor cardstock. Since watercolor cardstock is textured, I find it easier to use the MISTI to re-stamp the images in order to get a nice dark impression. I watercolored the images using ZIG Clean Color Real Brush pens  and then fussy-cut them out, leaving a white border. I then cut two pieces of cardstock using a stitched banner die. One of the banners was for the sky and one was for the grass. I watercolored both panels with Gansai Tambi watercolors.  For the grass, I used a grassy border die. I used the circle from the same stitched banner die set to cut out the shaker window. I stamped the sentiment onto the acetate with StazOn Jet Black ink and filled the shaker window with sequins.
You're the bees knees! by Handmade by Yuki | Winston's Honeybees by Newton's Nook Designs
I used an A2-sized stitched rectangle die to cut the background from watercolor cardstock. I stamped the background using a watercolor stripes background in a light yellow ink. I then white heat embossed three clouds onto vellum and fussy-cut those out as well. I added a few dots of glue along the embossed lines with my fine-tip glue pen. To give the background some added interest, I added some natural twine. And then as a finishing touch, I added a few clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh.

I seriously had so much fun making this card and I just love the way it turned out! This set is just so sweet and Winston is just the cutest holding his honey pot! Thanks again for stopping by and make sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Winston's Honeybees” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, April 21st at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, April 22nd.

32 comments:

  1. I love shaker cards! This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute shaker card, love the scene you created with the tag. Yay for new watercolors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute scene you created and I like the shape of the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card!! I love the soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is SO sweet! The color scheme reminds me of winnie the pooh! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! The layout is unique and the soft colors are so pretty! I agree that this set reminds me of Winnie the Pooh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you layered your adorable shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shaker card
    is so sweet and
    cute! Great design.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE this shaker card. SO cute!!! The soft colors look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I so hope I win this set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love all soft watercolors and the vellum clouds on the top are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card. Love your vellum clouds. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww!!!! I'm definitely in love for this amazing creation!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the cutest shaker! I love this little bear and the wonderful vellum clouds! Wow!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the soft pastels, the vellum clouds, and...all of it is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card and your watercoloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your card! There are so many awesome details!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! LOVE the soft watercolor ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must sound like a broken record Yuki, but gosh this is so CUTE!! Love your use of the PPP products paired with this darling set!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is just so stinkin' *cute*! I love the idea of doing a shaker card with it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is absolutely adorable! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card. I love the vellum clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this stamp set "bee-cause" it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty.
    Love the fishtail as the
    backdrop for the scene.
    the layering is great.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so talented and this card is so delightful!! Well done!! Love this new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely adorable card! Love the soft colors and the sweet scene you created with this cute new set... love it!!!

    ReplyDelete