Thursday, April 28, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Safari Birthday

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing a fun birthday card using the adorable critters from the Wild About Zoo set.
Safari Birthday by Handmade by Yuki | Wild About Zoo by Newton's Nook Designs
I started off by die cutting a piece of kraft cardstock using a stitched rectangle die. I stamped a canvas background stamp in Khaki ink for some added texture. I then cut three windows using stitched label dies. I cut the stitched labels from watercolor cardstock as well. I stamped the three critters onto each tag using my mini MISTI. I watercolored the images using Gansai Tambi watercolors and ZIG clean color real brush markers. I used olive cardstock for the cardbase and created a stamped background by stamping one of the hearts in a coordinate ink. I added some twine to the main card panel and white heat embossed the sentiment onto a black strip of cardstock. To finish the card I added Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

This was such a fun card to make and I had so much fun coloring the cute critters. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh


4 comments:

  1. Aw, how sweet is this! Love your tag frame for these adorable animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this card is adorable, love the design, the colors.. everything!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do the cutest things with little critters Yuki!! Fabulous use of the PPP products. This is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so fun! I love the way you did the layout with a tag for each character to peek out of! Your coloring is superb as well! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete