Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Right At Home April Release Blog Hop


Hi crafty friends! Today the Right At Home Design Team is showcasing the new April release with a blog hop! You should have arrived her from Amy Kolling's blog, however if you're just joining me now, you'll want to hop on over to the RAH blog to start from the beginning.

Before I go into today's card, I just wanted to announce this will be my final month on the RAH Design Team. It's been so much fun and I am so grateful to Nicole for the wonderful opportunity. Nicole is such an incredibly sweet and talented person and every new release is a reflection of her talent, hard-work and passion! Although I'm stepping down from the design team, you can certainly expect more projects using RAH products, because they're just seriously amazing! :)
For today's blog hop, I used the Birdhouse and Color In Sentiments sets to create a sweet encouragement card.
You make me smile when skies are gray by Handmade by Yuki | Birdhouse and Color In Sentiments by Right At Home Shop
I started off with a white card panel I die cut using a scalloped rectangle die. I then cut a window out from the panel using a scallop circle die. I cut the circle die 2 more times from white cardstock and glued them all together to give the frame some added dimension and stability. Directly on the cardbase, behind where the window we be, I inked the sky background with a light blue dye ink. I created my own cloud stencil by simply die cutting a piece of acetate using a stitched cloud border die. I then stamped the sentiment using my Mini Misti directly onto the main panel. I stamped the sentiment again onto black cardstock and white heat embossed it. I then fussy-cut the "smile" portion of the sentiment and popped it onto the stamped sentiment with foam tape.

I had so much fun combining these two new sets to make this sweet encouragement card. This new release is amazing and so incredibly versatile! Be sure to comment along each stop for a chance to win! Your next stop along the hop is the very sweet and talented, Kymona!

Amy Kolling (Guest Designer)
Yuki Yoshioka (that's me!)
Amy Tsuruta (Guest Designer)

31 comments:

  1. Totally sweet card. I like this adorable bird and you soft clouds in the background. The bold black and white sentiment really packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little scene you created is so sweet and I love how you did the word SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO sweet Yuki!! Love the soft scene and the black sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super sweet and pretty! I love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lovely release and card! So sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white embossed sentiment on a black card ... great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious this
    card is. Love the
    edges.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! sweet and gorgeous card. Great release.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so sweet and lovely! Love the pretty colors!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute!! LOVE the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute doodle scene! I love the pretty script "smile".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card! Pretty colors and layers! Love these sweet stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yuki ~ I. LOVE. THIS. CARD!!! The softness of the colors, combined with the bold, black sentiment makes your card eye-catchingly beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about this Yuki, so sweet!! You've done a wonderful job on the RAH team and will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute! love this in a little circle frame!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card! <3 it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so cute. I love the cute little bird image and the color in sentiments stamp has a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet card!! Really love how you did the clouds in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww that's so cute! I love the white embossed sentiment! And that little bird is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a grey, snowy day here, and your card has worked: I'm smiling brightly in seeing it! Fabulous little bird scene, perfectly paired with the marvelous sentiment!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this cute die cut window card with that sweet springtime bird image!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you framed the bird!

    ReplyDelete