Thursday, April 14, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #31 - Sketch + Tic-Tac-Toe


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! Can you believe it's already Thursday again? It seems like this month is already flying by. Exactly one week from today we'll be moving to a new apartment. We'll still be in Seattle, just a different neighborhood. We're so excited about our new place and so far the move/packing has been going really well, albeit it's a lot easier when you're moving 10 minutes away versus across state lines!

This week I went with the tic-tac-toe challenge: gradient/ombré, stencil and texture paste. I created a thank you card using the sweet deer from Forest Friends.
Share Joy Challenge #31 - Thanks Dear by Handmade by Yuki | Forest Friends by Taylored Expressions
For the gradient/ombré background I used watercolor cardstock and an olive dye ink, a beanstalk green ink and Shabby Shutters distress ink. Once the background was blended and dry, I used a leaf stencil to apply gold embossing paste. I've had this embossing paste forever and I admit, I might have forgotten I even had it. I guess that's a perk with moving - you find things while packing lol! I used two stitched rectangle dies to cut a frame from Chocolate Truffle cardstock. I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Toffee cardstock and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I then colored the deer with Copic Markers and then cut it out using the coordinating die. To finish the card, I added some gold sparkle cord twine and mounted the focal panel onto a Toffee cardbase.
Share Joy Challenge #31 - Thanks Dear by Handmade by Yuki | Forest Friends by Taylored Expressions
I seriously love how the gold embossing paste turned out! It is so shiny and metallic in real life! I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

2 comments:

  1. I like the earthy colors and the way you've framed this adorable little deer! A delightful card Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I really like the wonderful texture you created in your background!

    ReplyDelete