Thursday, April 21, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #32 - Sketch + Keep it Clean & Simple

Hi again! This is my second post of the day, my first post of the day was Newton's Nook Designs April Release - Tag Sampler.


Taylored Expressions
Welcome back crafty friends! I hope your week is going well. Things have been pretty busy for me lately. Today is our official move-in day for our new apartment. Although packing and moving is never fun, I'm thankful I have tomorrow off and I get a 3-day weekend to move into our new place. I'll still be in Seattle, just a few miles away in a different neighborhood a few blocks from the water :)!

Today is the start of a new challenge on the Share Joy Challenge blog. This week I had fun playing around with the sketch and made a cute friendship card using the Under the Toadstool set.
Share Joy Challenge #32 - Just a Gnote by Handmade by Yuki | Under the Toadstool by Taylored Expressions
I flipped the sketch sideways and included one banner instead of the two in the original sketch. I colored the images with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of Chocolate Truffle cardstock I cut using a stitched label die. I used pattern papers from the Build A Scene 6x6 paper pack. I cut the darker green pattern paper using a grassy border die and layered it over the light green rolling hills, which I cut using the Rolling Clouds border die. The sun was die cut from light yellow cardstock and adhered onto the blue sky panel with foam tape.

I seriously had so much fun playing around with this sketch and I hope you liked my interpretation! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration. Have a wonderful day! ♥

6 comments:

  1. This is seriously the sweetest scene!! LOVE the patterns of the grass!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those whimsical little houses, this is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You create the most adorable scenes ever!! This is sooooo amazing!!

    ReplyDelete