Friday, April 1, 2016

Your Next Stamp - April Release Preview

Hi crafty friends! Today Your Next Stamp is showing a sneak peek of the upcoming April release!

For today post, I made a fun interactive encouragement card using the Waddles to the Rescue stamp set and the Stripe-tastic Doors die.
 photo YNS April Preview_You Are My Hero Closed_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I started off by die cutting the Stripe-tastic door die from yellow cardstock. I then used a stitched square die to cut the entire window frame. The cool thing about this die is it doesn't actually the frame out completely, so you have the option to simply die cut the window directly from your panel. I cut the main panel from smooth white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die. To give the window panels a frosted look, I added some vellum behind each flap.

Now for the fun part, about where the doors to the window die would be, I stamped the adorable little penguin holding the first extinguisher and the sentiment. I colored the penguin in with Copic Markers and then used a light gray Copic Marker to color a cloud of smoke around the sentiment. For the closing mechanism, I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a small piece of black cardstock. I used a regular glue dot for one side of the sentiment to form a strong bond. For the other side, I used a removable adhesive glue dot. This allows me to open and close my window!
 photo YNS April Preview_You Are My Hero Open_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I had so much fun making this card and I just love the way it turned out! Stay tuned for the full release blog hop. In the meantime, be sure to hop on over to the YNS blog for much more inspiration! Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! ♥

11 comments:

  1. Stripe-tastic doors are marvelous to showcase any scene, love your cute creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the interactive nature of this card and the cute firefighter penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! LOVE the smoke around the sentiment. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper cute!!! Great way to use the stamps with the die. Wonderful to have you joining us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun!! This is really cute and such a clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness--this is he cutest card EVER! I LOVE this idea! So creative and fun!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete