Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Your Next Stamp Design Team Dare - Sending Smiles

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm playing along with the YNS Design Team Dare Challenge. This month's theme is "Sending Smiles." I was inspired by the new set Waddles - To The Rescue and created a fun encouragement card to brighten a friend's day.
YNS DT Dare - You are my Hero by Handmade by Yuki | Waddles - To The Rescue by Your Next Stamp
To start off, I used a stitched film strip die to make it look like the penguins were in a building. I colored the two penguin images with Copic Markers and then fussy-cut them out, leaving a white border. I used a neutral, light gray pattern paper for the backdrop of the film strip. For the background, I dry embossed white cardstock using a Bead Board embossing folder. I then mounted all of the layers onto red pattern paper. To finish the card, I added a few Sparking Clear sequins and then added Shimmer Pico Embellisher to the hats, megaphone and the penguin's beaks and feet.

I think this card turned out so cute and I had so much fun making it! I hope you were inspired too and I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to swing by the YNS blog for more inspiration and to play along!

Pretty Pink Posh

4 comments:

  1. I love those little penguins! Everyone loves Hero card too! The way you used the three squares as a ladder is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those little penguins!! Such an adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete