Thursday, May 26, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Do what you love

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing a friendship/encouragement card using two sets from the latest release - Splendid Stags and Happy Little Thoughts.
Do what you love - by Handmade by Yuki | Happy Little Thoughts & Splendid Stags by Newton's Nook Designs
I started off by die cutting a white panel using a wonky stitched rectangle die. I then stamped one of the wreaths using a dark Olive ink. Although it's hard to see in the photo, I also stamped a few of the small berries in a light yellow ink around the wreath. I heat embossed the sentiment with metallic gold embossing powder. I die cut the stag from gold sparkle card stock. I matted the focal panel onto a piece of the same gold card stock. For the background, I die cut a piece of floral pattern paper using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die. To finish the card, I add a few 4mm metallic gold sequins to wreath and few extra gold sequins scattered across the card.

I just love how pretty this card turned out! Although this more of a friendship/encouragement card, I could totally see myself using the wreaths and stag dies to make holiday cards as well! I hope you were inspired and be sure to swing by the NND blog for more inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

3 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! Love this paper with the shimmery gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super love this new set by NN...your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love the glittery deer and the fun wreath behind him! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete