Friday, May 27, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #32 - Use an Arrow

Happy Friday! For those folk in the US, I hope you have fun plans for Memorial Day weekend. I am super excited to have today and Monday off from work (4-day weekend FTW!). Today is also the start of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. For this challenge, I thought the sets from the new release, Adventure Awaits and Points & Plums dies, would go perfectly!
Inky Paws Challenge #32 by Handmade by Yuki | Adventure Awaits and Points & Plums dies by Newton's Nook Designs
I started off by die cutting a piece of watercolor card stock using an A2-sized stitched rectangle. I created the watercolor background by adding Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac distress inks onto a piece of acetate then "smooshing" the acetate directly onto the panel. For some extra shimmer and blending, I spritzed the panel with a mixture of water and perfect pearls. Once the background was completed dry, I created my own stamped background by stamping the arrow pattern repeatedly with silver pigment ink. To keep with the arrow theme, I die cut the sides using a stitched border die. I cut a small scalloped oval die from white and purple card stock for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the white portion with the same silver ink. I the die cut the two feathers from silver metallic card stock and added some silver metallic twine across the top of the card. To secure down the feathers and bow, I used my tiny attacher and stapled them together. For the card base, I used the same purple card stock. And to finish the card, I added Wisteria Blossoms sequins mix and Silver Mini Star Confetti.

I just love how pretty this card turned out! It's hard to tell in the photo, but there's so much shimmer and shine from the perfect pearls and silver ink - I just love it! I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

4 comments:

  1. Your background is Gorgeous!! I love how you created it with the little arrow stamp! Thanks so much for the great inspiration for the inky paws challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEAL!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your BEAUTIFUL Card!! =) The Soft Lavender Color and that Stamped Background with the Zig Zag Background!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and I hope you have a FABULOUS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!! =) HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, love the little feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shaker card. The use of sequins is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete